Friday, July 15, 2016

MLB Fantasy Roster

So this is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. Every time I have a baseball debate about how great a player is/was, it makes me wonder a little. Who is the greatest of all time? That's a little hard to figure out considering how baseball has evolved over the decades. So what I wanted to do was come up with a fantasy roster, one that was slightly different. What you are about to read is a fantasy roster of the last 27 years of Major League Baseball. This is a roster of the best players I've seen in my lifetime. Its going to consist of a starting eight position players, plus a bench, a starting rotation, a bullpen and a closer. Without further ado, here is my dream roster. The team name is the era of that players career I'm really looking at as to when they were the very best in the business, at least to me. (HM is guys I had to mention but couldn't find roster space for)

MLB 25 Man Roster
Catcher: Mike Piazza (Mets)

1st Base: Albert Pujols (Cardinals)

2nd Base: Roberto Alomar (Indians)

3rd Base: Chipper Jones (Braves)

Shortstop: Derek Jeter (Yankees)

Left Field: Barry Bonds (Pirates)

Center Field: Ken Griffey Jr. (Mariners)

Right Field: Tony Gwynn (Padres)

Designated Hitter: David Ortiz (Red Sox) (HM Edgar Martinez Mariners)

Bench:
Catcher:
Pudge Rodriguez (Rangers)

Infielders: Miguel Cabrera (Tigers), Omar Visquel (Indians) (HM Jeff Kent Giants)

Outfielders: Ichiro Suzuki (Mariners), Carlos Beltran (Mets) (HM Manny Ramirez Red Sox, Vladimir Guerrero Expos)

Pitchers:
Starting Rotation:
1. Randy Johnson (Diamondbacks)
2. Pedro Martinez (Red Sox)
3. Greg Maddux (Braves)
4. Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
5. Tom Glavine (Braves)

Bullpen:
Eric Gagne (Dodgers)
John Franco (Mets)
Jeff Nelson (Mariners)
Rob Nen (Giants)
Roberto Hernandez (White Sox)
Armando Benitez (Mets)

Closer: Mariano Rivera (Yankees)

Manager: Joe Torre

Bench Coach: Bobby Cox

So that's my fantasy roster. What do you think? Anybody you'd change out? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment